At Enbridge, we believe in sharing the successes of our company with the people who make it happen – our employees.
Enbridge continues to build on our foundation of operating excellence by adhering to a strong set of core values—Safety, Integrity and Respect—that reflect what is truly important to us as a company. The values represent the pole star for our organization, a constant beacon by which we make our decisions, as a company and as individual employees, every day.
In particular, safety is paramount at Enbridge. As a company, we are committed to ensuring that everyone returns home safely every day, and that our assets are operated in a safe manner. See our Safety Principles page for more information on our commitment to safety for our employees, our contractors, the communities in which we operate, and the environment. Enbridge's Lifesaving Rules are founded on real-life incidents, and communicated, clarified, and reinforced company-wide.
Enbridge employees demonstrate safety, integrity and respect in support of our communities, the environment and each other. Read on to learn about how these values guide the way we make decisions and live these core values as part of our daily activities.
- Relentlessly ensure the safety of our communities, customers, contractors, partners and employees
- Take a proactive approach to identifying and preventing safety issues
- Take immediate action when a safety issue is identified
- Continually seek ways to improve safety performance
- Maintain truth in all interactions
- Do the right thing; do not take the easy way out
- Take accountability for our actions, without passing blame to others
- Follow through on commitments
- Value the contributions of others
- Take the time to understand the perspective of others
- Embrace diversity and inclusion
- Treat everyone with unfailing dignity
Find out more about our growth projects—including crude oil and liquids pipelines, renewables, and natural gas pipelines and processing—that will help keep North Americans on the move.
We live our values in support of:
- Support the company’s effort in strengthening the communities in which we live and work
- Support the volunteerism efforts of our fellow employees
- Consider the potential short and long term environmental impacts before proceeding with any activity
- Consistently strive towards a neutral footprint on the environment
- Share knowledge and experience to help others
- Encourage individual development of each other
- Work collaboratively to achieve common goals