Emergency management: Emergency response plans
Emergency preparedness and response requires a systematic approach to ensure that all hazards are anticipated so that a response is rapid, effective and protective of workers, the public and the environment. We have comprehensive emergency response plans that are reviewed and tested regularly. These plans are tailored to each business unit to cover their operations and associated risks, including geographic-specific information.
Our emergency response plans are available online, accessible via the following links.
- Liquids Pipelines Integrated Contingency Plans6
- Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline Field Emergency Response Plan
- Union Gas Emergency Procedures Manual
- Enbridge Gas Distribution Emergency Procedures Manual
- Canadian Gas Transmission and Midstream Emergency Response Plans
Note that portions of the plans have been redacted in accordance with NEB Order MO-006-2016 to protect personal information or security-sensitive information.
In addition to the emergency response plans, documents have been developed, where appropriate, to support:
- Incident management
- Exercise design
- Fire response
- Tactical response
- Control point mapping
- Trajectory modelling
- Drinking water response
- Groundwater impact, containment and remediation
- Environmental remediation
- Submerged oil response
- Wildlife response
- Waste management
The full picture: Our emergency management programs
Find out more about the various aspects of Enbridge's emergency management programs, including:
6 Enbridge G & P Emergency Response Plan is located on the liquids site.